Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 3 & 4.

My third day at work was great! I now know the people who open the fruit market on my way to work, we say hello and good morning every morning, very fun! I kept busy as usual - I was a painter for the day - a big change from being a puzzler! I was told by one of the sales associates that they were told I was a big help and they love having me already - what a way to brighten my day! I went and grabbed lunch in the East Village with Caitlin, one of the interns. We went to this awesome bakery and I have a tomato and mozzarella sandwich - very filling! After lunch I painted some more - they really should hire me, I have become quiet the versatile crafter. After work I went wondering in the East Village on a mission to find a purse that fit my checklist (big enough for my camera, sketch book, lunch, phone, wallet, ect, was leather, looked weathered, was a cross body, a camel brown - just my usual lists for finding things) I ended up by NYU - great area in New York City but I don't think I would get the ideal college experience there! I found my way back to Broadway and did a little shopping. Every store I went in was having a sale - perfect! I love walking into stores when people are glad to see you - I know they just want me to buy things from them but I love it when people smile. But I did find a purse that met all the points on my checklist - yay! I had been searching for it since I got here - I know you might think you are in NYC it should be easy to find one! But I'm just so picky! I walked around until dark and headed back to my little home where I hit the hay early FINALLY! Today I got up and was late to work thanks to my not paying attention skills - I forgot to turn and ended up near the financial district - opps! I guess I could have just stayed over there and found me a man?! Today at work was super, super, super busy! We had so much to get done to had the display finished by this afternoon. I got to work with Semora & Cameron, the District Visual Display Coordinator and the Senior Visual Display Coordinator, respectively. They are really fun - and so New York even though neither one of them is from New York. Cameron is actually from Texas, Sugarland to be exact; so that was fun that he knew where Kingwood was! Semora went to school for architecture so I really enjoyed getting to talk with her today! At lunch Caitlin, Beatrice, and I went next door and got fancy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and when we walked back into the store...we saw JANE LYNCH from Glee. I though I was going to freak out - but no one else was! Everyone was normal. So weird! But exciting. She is so normal looking and very tall. On my way home from work I found a street fair with fried oreos and I got one - so good.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to explore Chelsea & the Highline.

xoxo
mmb

1 comment:

  1. i am so jealous of your summer life. and that you saw jane lynch. i want to see a pic of your purse. and your sketches. and your window displays. and live vicariously through you. ok awesome.

    ReplyDelete