Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dee Dee Dum.

Procrastination. I really think that should be a job. I really think I would be the best at that job. I have a midpoint presentation tomorrow...I had presenting. Therefore, I am coming up with ways to reorganize my closet. Not that it needs reorganization, I just really want to reorganize it. I want it to be like a container store ad but more organized. That is my goal. I need money to buy these organizational things. Or I need a good holiday to occur. Easter is coming up, maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me organizational things (I hope you are reading this Mom).

Well this little blurb is just going to be some random thoughts. I really hate presenting. I found out today that glossophobia is the actual term for those who have a phobia of public speaking. Interesting. It sounds more like someone who has a phobia of gloss. Anywho...I don't know what made me never like to public speak. I read this article tonight on why people are scared of public speaking. It said that people are scared that they are going to mess up what they are suppose to be talking about and that people will see that as an opportunity to make fun of them. HELLO, that's me. I know I am not the most eloquent speaker in my everyday life so it really does not bother me if I say something wrong or strange and someone makes fun of me for it. But, if that happens to me while I am presenting in front of a group, be prepared for waterworks. It also said that people who are scared of speaking are more worried about what the people they are speaking to think about THEM not what they are saying. Once again that is me. The article also stated that people are more scared of public speaking than they are of death. I don't think I have it that bad...And it shared a few ways to get over public speaking which I did not find helpful. Basically it said to just get over it. If I could just get over it don't you think I would have already?!

I don't like that it's dark when I get up. I am not a fan of the springtime daylight savings. It just makes me want to sleep and I don't have time for that much sleeping. It's also strange that it stays light until like 8.

I have finally decided on a final study project. Well the "vehicle" anyway. Then I will decide what it wants to become. That is something I have learned this semester. Architecture is about understanding what wants to be. It's more about what the site wants to become, what the area needs, what the building wants to do. Not about what you want to do. It's been a love/hate relationship. But more love than hate. Because with those things wanting to have a mind of their own it limits your mind so that you can focus in on one thing and make it great rather than having a bouncy ball of ideas in your head. Gatta love architecture.

I've also learned that going to the grocery store is chore and that buying organic food is wasteful. The stuff is expensive and does not last long. Although, organic peanut butter is WAY better than the regular stuff.

And time to figure out what I'm going to attempt to say in my presentation tomorrow...

xoxo
mmb

No comments:

Post a Comment